A holistic massage therapy approach to dealing with stress
We are living in unprecedented stressful times which is affecting the health of people from all walks of life. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), stress has been classified as the “health epidemic of the 21st century”, and yet the word stress didn’t even exist one hundred years ago.
The effects of stress on your body
Today, many people spend their days sitting at a desk, hunched over a computer and we are seeing the side effects of this lifestyle which adds stress to the spines of clients who come to Regeneration Station. We have seen a constant increase in people plagued with back pain, headaches, and reduced mobility or what is clinically called, “postural dysfunction.”
Pain and mental stresses are also causing a decrease in productivity and health problems that are initially silent, but over time are resulting in morbidities such as high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, and inflammatory disease – these are compounded by the chronic stresses we are facing in these uncertain times.
Healing through holistic massage therapy
Although the word stress has only been around a short while, the holistic massage therapy techniques that are practiced at Regeneration Station on Roncesvalles have been around for thousands of years. Holistic Massage treats the whole body as a single entity, bringing healing and harmony to the mind, body, and soul of an individual.
Our massage therapy and holistic healing practices are specifically tailored to each person to help bring relief, strength, comfort, mobility, and peace. Massage therapy is the best way to relax, rejuvenate, and regenerate to meet the demands of today’s fast-paced, and high-pressure lifestyle.
If you are recovering from surgery, suffering from acute injury, chronic aches and pains or you simply wish to relax, our licensed practitioners are trained to treat a wide variety of conditions.
Regeneration Station on Roncesvalles offers:
- Trigger Point Massage – (removal of “knots” – improves blood flow / promotes healing of muscle tissue)
- Swedish Massage – which can be light, moderate, and/or deep tissue
- Prenatal Massage – we focus on sciatic nerve relief and other body stresses related to pregnancy
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Cupping Therapy
- Injury rehabilitation
- Ergonomics and functional restoration
- Post-cardiac surgery rehab
Regeneration Station therapists are registered with the following bodies according to their specific discipline:
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
Key benefits of holistic treatments and massage therapy at Regeneration Station
- Every treatment is catered to your specific needs and goals.
- An insurance receipt will be provided at the end of your treatment.
- Our treatment rooms are spacious and have natural light.
- Our therapists are kind and keenly interested in your well-being.
We think it’s really important that our clinicians have a mixture of clinical skills and human qualities that you can find comfort, and place your trust, in.